Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

...The Right One...

I can't believe with so much happening, I have not posted for almost 2 weeks! I have had so much on my mind, and it is so hard for me to put things into words.






As I said last week, we had 5 good embryos that survived through the freezing. They did a biopsy on each embryo just before the freezing for the micro-array/24 chromosome test. At that point they labeled the embryos #1 through #5. On the 12th, I received a call from the doctor with the results of the tests. We have 3 abnormal embryos. Number 3 and number 5 came back normal. There is a lot of information on this testing process on the clinic's website. This test assists in choosing the most "competent" embryos. By doing this, we know that these are the most likely to result in a successful pregnancy. It also increases the "risk" of multiples. Yay!

I was very upset for a couple days about the number of normal embryos. However, I have come to realize that we only need 2. We have increased the odds of success but knowing which ones to choose. Also, we will not have any eggs after the transfer, so we will not be spending the extra money to store embryos that would not result in pregnancy even if we did use them later on (which has never really been in any plan).

With the disappointment on the "one and only shot", I just keep trying to remember that we have such strong possibilities with what we DO have.

I am reminded of a quote from "Little Women". Amy March says: "You don't need scores of suitors. You need only one... if he's the right one." Obviously this is talking about men. However, it still applies. We don't need 8 embryos. We only need 1 (or 2)... if it is the right one.


1 comment:

reannan said...

The very best quote indeed! Such a great update , I am glad to know you through this :)