Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

THE SCHEDULE!!

I have been wanting to post so badly over the last couple days. So much going through my mind, but that is part of the reason I haven't posted.... I knew it was going to take some time to sort it all out into words.

The auction was an amazing success! We raised about $1000! Once more, thank you all so much for getting the word out on that! We had a lot of participation! The days leading up to, and the 3 days after the auction have been insane! But, it makes me want to do another one even more, because now I know the different things I will change! Mostly the behind the scenes organization of it all.

Here's the deal...
We have raised a total of  $8500... (Wow, seeing that in writing is motivating!...are are about 1/4 of the way there!)
Edit: 9/22/12: This is all wrong. See here and here to see what happened. I will insert link to correct budget.
The costs are this: Ali & Brian testing/exams/procedures/meds       $12000
                            Caryn testing/exams/procedures/meds               $  8000
                            Baby make/test/store                                        $  6000
                            Lawyer, and travel, misc lawyer requirements    $  4000
                                           TOTAL                                             $30000



If anyone has any FUN fundraiser ideas, let me know. As a reminder, there is the "Fundraising" tab at the top of the page. If you go there, it has links to all the great fundraising events people have set up for us! They are also on our Facebook page events. Stone Family Surrogacy Fund Facebook Page 
Hey... start Christmas shopping early! :-)

Hoping to get a loan this week, I am waiting for 2 callbacks. That is the only way we are going to be able to stay on schedule. But we will.... it will happen!

I am also focusing on all the things we can do to save money. I think I am going to do a Penny Pinching Post soon! :-)If you have any ideas, comment at the bottom, or on the Facebook page. I am not all knowing, so I would LOVE some extra ideas!

As far as the physical parts of the surrogacy, things are starting to move fast! I am getting blood work and an exam here in Oceanside this week, and they will send the results to Arizona. If all goes as planned, they should be doing the egg retrieval at the end of September! I can't believe it! My heart just jumps every time I think that in 30 days, we will have the baby, and all we will need is the body to grow it! ** Enter: Caryn**!!!!

At that point, there will be a chromosome testing done to make sure we use the embryos that are the most likely to result in pregnancy. The results will be back 2 weeks later, and then whenever Caryn's body says "give me that baby" then they will implant (I am horrible! I am still so bad at all the correct vocabulary for this! Sorry!). Then....drum roll please..... We will be waiting for that Big Fat Positive (BFP- Hmmm.... I do know some of the vocabulary!). So, we should know by Thanksgiving! How cool is that!?!?!?


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ali- this is so exciting that things are moving in the right direction! As a mother of four boys we try many ways to pinch pennies and put them to best use. I've found many ideas on Pinterest and actually tested/ now use them! We eliminated the need to buy all cleaners, detergents, and MANY boxed foods! Not only was it cheaper but better for our family's health. I will email Caryn all the links and she can forward it on to you. If you do another auction - I'd love to donate a doll set! Good luck and God bless you all on this journey!