Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Reality~ Part II

Wow! I am so amazed... AGAIN... at the way so many have pulled together to try to help us reach our goal. I know there are so many of you that want so badly to help, but are just unable to financially. I completely understand that! Even going through all this, I still see people needing help, and wish so badly to do something. But one thing I have learned in this, is that every tiny thing helps.
For every one of you that are unable to help, if you just reach out and share the story with 2 people, God will find the ones that are able to help. Many donations are from people we don't even know! I have seen so many miracles happen, and I am just praying that we will be able to get to our miracle!

As for yesterday's appointment.... We both had full physicals, and blood draws. They will be testing blood for all kinds of diseases. We are considered donors, since Caryn will be carrying the baby, so there is a bunch of extra stuff that they have to check. We are also testing my blood to see if I am a carrier of anything. They do a whole panel of over 100 tests including cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy, Tay-Sachs disease, and Fragile-X syndrome. If I am a carrier for any of these, then they will do the same tests on Brian. If he also is a carrier, there would be a 25% chance that the baby would have that disease. If this was the case, they have a genetic counselor to speak with, and this can help with preparing for the possibility of anything after birth.
They did an ultrasound on me to test my follicles. (egg sacks) They want them to be 18mm at retrieval. I have a bunch of 8mm ones and then about 5 that are between 10-13mm. I have 5 in the right ovary and at least 10 in the left.
We also filled out even more paperwork: waivers, consents, choices of what to do with each part of the samples and embryos when we are finished, or when either one or both of us dies, or in event of a divorce.... Fortunately, with being in the military, we are used to having those kinds of decisions to make, but it was kind of overwhelming.
We got home late last night, and I will be returning tomorrow night. I have another ultrasound and possible trigger for ovulation on Monday morning... at 0815. Must be done in the mornings.

Psalm 113:9 "Into the home of the childless bride, He sends children who are, for her, a cause of happiness beyond measure. Praise the Eternal!"
 CLICK HERE to view, join and share our Psalm 113:9 Event. How many people can we get to donate $11.39!?
CLICK HERE to donate at "Deposit a Gift". Click on link to "Registry" on the left.
     You can chose one of the $ amounts listed or enter your own number at the bottom.
Click on the "Donate Here" button on the right side of the page to donate any dollar amount through PayPal.
CLICK HERE to look at the many fundraisers available!
CLICK HERE to see the items available to purchase! This will be being updated often through the next week.

Thank you, ALL for your time and support!

No comments: