Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

It is STILL March!!

Thank you everyone for a renewed support of this whole process. Everytime I say those words, they just don't seem to be enough. But I will say it anyway. :-)

I HAVE to share this story from a woman I met the other day. I was babysitting Ethan and Olyvia, and we walked to "their" park. Right after I said "10 minutes", a group came to the park so we stayed longer, because they LOVE playing with "friends"! I ended up talking with one of the moms for a while, about a lot of stuff, but I just loved her story. If I would have thought about it, I would have asked if I could share her story, but never did even get her name, I am only sharing the basics of what she told me, so hopefully this is ok...

Anyway, she was told she could never have kids. She was on birth control (Depo shot), and ended up getting pregnant! Difficult pregnancy and delivery, NICU, and now she has an awesome 8 year old boy! Then she started the pill... Hello, now 7 year old boy! Next, the patch. Next week is her daughters 5th birthday! And of course.... IUD. "(She) brought it out with her like a toy!" She said of her 2 year old daughter.

Four kids! Not only were they "not supposed to be born", they were that tiny "failure rate" of birth control.

It amazes me how God works! Being in the "infertility world" I know the thoughts of the women in this boat with me. I can not help but think "WHY!? Why can she accidentally get pregnant 4 times ESPECIALLY after being told that she wouldn't be able to."

This was just so in line with my post last week, that I had to share it. I am so thankful that I met her, and was able to see the amazing miracle God worked in her life. I can't wait to see our miracle, whatever/whenever it might be!

*********

Back in "Stone/Mata World"

I was so happy we were back on track last weekend when I got to see all of Caryn's family for Ethan's birthday! It made me realize that one of the best parts of this surrogacy is the blessing to be able to share this part of our lives with this family. Just another reminder of our infinite blessings and the love that this baby will have.

We have gotten a tentative calendar from the nurses this week. We are looking at egg retrieval sometime around the 25th of April. Then the IVF around the 27th of May. Yay for dates!! Even though they are tentative, we are true Military Wives and tentative this far in advance is AMAZING! Lol. We can work with that! 

Injections for both of us will be starting in 3-4 weeks. BUT... all meds are ordered, and in the mail!!! YAY!

*********

Unrelated Life Info

We have been approved for base housing, and I even got to "pick one out"! Set to move in mid-April. I am overlapping a little bit of time, as I have a conference the weekend before the lease here is up. Also, that is exactly around the time I will be needing to go to Arizona for egg retrieval. I am Sooo excited! 

I have been able to email with Brian quite a bit. He is doing fine. He wants me to pass on his love and thanks to everyone. 

NEPHEW IS COMING!!! Well, not yet, but I don't even know what happened to this week, so I know it will be before I know it! Next couple weeks! So excited for Patrick and Laura!! 


No comments: