Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

A New Hope

All through this last week, "Hope" has remained in our hearts. We are not giving up. We want a family. 


 After speaking with Brian, Caryn, and Dr. Nemiro, we decided that it we want to try again. We have no more embryos, but we do still have Brian's sperm. We will be going through the egg retrieval again, and the IVF. I have been laying out the plans over the last few days. The goal is to start on this either first week of January or first week of February. If all goes well, that would put the transfer at the beginning of March or April. Excitement is starting to grow again. So grateful that she and Carlos are willing to go through this again.

I know this is completely not what we had planned. We were not prepared to have to try again. It seems crazy to go through the financial stress and the risk of it not taking again. We are going forward with our eyes wide open. This IS an emotional decision, because that is what this is all about. Our emotional desire for this baby. However, we have thought through it all. What all we will have to do without, what we have to give up, how the stress may effect our relationship, and how it all will effect our future. It seems like so much, but the reward will make everything worth it. Nothing that we have to give up will take the place of how blessed our lives will be with a child.
Again, we all want to do this ASAP. All the same reasons apply. There is no garauntee how long either of our families will be living here in 2014. Also, we have some testing, physicals, etc that already apply and will not have to be redone if we can do it in the correct amount of time.

At the end of everything, we have paid just under $40,000 with hotel, fuel, meds, etc. With a discount that Dr. Nemiro is giving us and some of the things that will not have to be repeated, our budget is $25,000. This will also cover a third round of IVF if there are enough embryos and it is necessary. This amount seems so big first of all because it is what I originally thought our budget was for the first cycle. But this time, I know what extras are necessary. There will not be any surprises. I have revamped the "Financial Info" tab to show our details. I will have the "Fundraisers" tab back up when I recreate that.

I have 2 things I am working on right now. I am selling our 2 cars, and getting 1 car with low, low payments. Just something to get me by for a few months. Then we will have to figure out our transportation issues after Brian gets home. Secondly, I am working on "MINIMIZING" I am selling everything!... mostly. I do want to apologize to friends and family about this. I am having to make some tough decisions on things. There may be some things that you have given me. I hope that I do not insult anybody by this. If you do see something that insults you are saddens you that I am selling, please tell me and I won't. This is just where we are right now. Brian has decided to sell his car that he was wanting for so long, and he loves. I am cutting our DVD collection in half! I am selling some of my organizing supplies, and craft stuff! For those of you that know us, you know the meaning of that. ;-)

I hope you all can understand our decision, and be happy for us. I fear that some may think we are being irresponsible about this. Please... if you do, just keep it to yourself or don't follow us on FB and the blogs. Sorry if that sounds harsh. We have thought this through from every angle, and are supported by our immediate families (and Caryn and Carlos). I do not have the emotional strength to argue it with anyone. 

We are so blessed to have so many prayers, love and support from all of you.

No comments: