Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

....Go

Transfer was completed on Tuesday. Caryn and I drove to Arizona on Monday. The transfer was Tuesday afternoon, then we drove back Wednesday. You can read Caryn's version on her blog.

After the long drive out there, we passed out in the
hotel Monday night. Caryn got up early enough for the hotel's breakfast. We both just "relaxed" for the morning.

I kept trying to write a blog post, but I just could not put anything into words.

We had a quick lunch, then headed over to the clinic. Every time I walk in that door, I just love the atmosphere and the people there!

We were taken back and Caryn got changed. I got to wear a little jump suit and cap. Lol. I probably would not have worn a skirt if I had thought about it. It looked like I had a multi colored diaper on.
Lisa, one of the nurses, walked us through the process. I did some final waivers and permissions.

Through everything I just could not/can not believe what was/is really happening. I can't even now, put into words how I felt. Shock, awe, forever grateful...

As Dr. Nemiro came in to talk with us, Lisa reminded him we don't know the sex of the babies. Lol. I love how laid back he is! It is just so easy to relax. Even during the procedure, they all were just so laid back and jovial, but not unfocused. They talked through every step. Not just what they were doing, but how and why.
Both embryos thawed perfectly and Dr Nemiro said they looked beautiful! One was even starting to "hatch"? I think that is the word he used.

They took us into the next room. It was so dark. It is the same room I was in for the retrieval. There was a monitor in there that was connected to a microscope in the lab.

Again, unable to put into words what I was feeling. I could not believe this was the moment Caryn will be starting to take care of our babies. This was the "point of no return". She is no longer "going to be" but is now our surrogate.

Caryn was moved back into the other room to lay flat for 1 hour. We watched some "reality" tv. Lol. Did the whole Facebook updates. Eventually started talking about stuff. All I really remember is the overwhelming feeling of gratitude for Caryn. I tried telling her. All I could get out was "Thank You". Then I started crying, so I couldn't talk anymore.

I don't know that I will ever be able to fully put into words how grateful I am, and I know I will never be able to repay this amazing gift.

I am posting from my phone and I can't get the picture of the embryos to load, so I will put them up when I can turn my computer on.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ok now I am crying! I am just so happy! Caryn is such an amazing person, forever part of our family and I love her already and I have never even spoken to her. I can imagine the emotions that you two must have been feeling were so intense. Love you

Suzanna said...

So happy for you!