Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Appointment with Nurses Update

Well, if you are following our Facebook Page, You heard that I had my first appointment at the clinic on Friday. Again, SO much information! I can't believe every time I talk to a doctor or nurse, I am overwhelmed with information.

I have all the medications now, just need to find a place that stocks the types of needles/syringes that I need. I went to 3 pharmacies on Saturday, and none of them had them. I have been reading through the directions multiple times this weekend, and trying to adjust to the scariness of giving myself shots. I am so nervous about it, but I will just keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it! I'm hoping Brian will be home when I need to do the first one, and he can help me! Fortunately, I am so worried about doing the injections correctly, that I am less worried about the pain.

I will know exact dates at the end of this week, but it still looks like the last week of September is when they will be doing the retrieval. 


3 comments:

Laura said...

Yippppie! Things are moving right along! The shots sound frightening but I am with you I would be more worried I do something wrong then the pain part, esp when it comes to needles being most people never have to give themselves a shot, do you have any nurse friends to come over and help with the first few to give you lessons, I know that would make me feel better to know I am doing it right. I will pray for you to feel calmness and strong when you have to start shots.

Susan Pritchett said...

Im sure that Caryn could help you with the shots, being a nurse and all.... lol

Cindyraella said...

I'm with you Laura. I'd be more afraid of doing something wrong too.
I did tell her to have Brian kiss her booboo after she did it. Then she told me it was in her butt. baaahaaaahaaa!
No prob. Maybe he'll kiss the tummy one.
You're so strong Ali! I know you'll do just fine. I'll be praying for tomorrow.