Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

DAY ONE!!!

**If you see I am wrong on any of this, will you please correct me? Thanks!**

Well, all the anticipation, we are now at the starting line! I have been sooo nervous about the injections! I keep feeling so overwhelmed with information, and I was afraid that I am going to do something wrong, or stab some nerve and paralyze myself! Haha! I don't think that can happen!....???

Brian was so wonderful to help me this morning. He has been joking about it, saying how he'll get to stab me with a sharp object and not get in trouble. But as we started, I could tell he was getting nervous. He read every word of the 3 page explanation of how to do it. We finally got to the stabbing point... he got ready... then he said "I love you" and did it! It reminded me of some zombie movie or something when they have a antidote, and it could save you or kill you, but you gotta do it!... ahhh so romantic! Hahah! I barely even felt the needle!

I have realized that I have not really been giving much "medical" information about how everything is happening. I think mostly I am still trying to wrap my head around everything. But now is the time!

Day 1 (Sept 15) HGH (Human Growth Hormone) injections start. This helps the body increase natural HGH in body. This will continue until retrieval.

Day 3 (Sept 17) HMG (Human Menopausal Gonadotrophins) injections added. From what I am understanding, this increases the number of follicles and eggs to develop in the ovaries. A follicle is essentially an egg sack(this part not 100% sure, but that is what I am understanding). Oocyte is the beginning development of the egg. 


Day 8 (Sept 22) They will start monitoring me as often as possible.

When the follicles reach 12mm in size, Cetrorelix (AKA: Antagon) injections added. Again, not 100% clear on this, but I believe this keeps the eggs from ovulation. The purpose of this is for them to stay and grow in the ovaries for the full cycle.

At this point they will be monitoring me about every other day until they decide it is time for the retrieval.

Then that is a whole new process! If you have any questions, ask me! That way I can find out for myself! Hahaha!

This is only about 2.5 weeks of stuff! This stage will be done by the end of the month! WOW!

***Speaking of it coming up soooo fast. Please check out our Fundraising Page. ***
There are all kinds of items that you can purchase. The sellers will be donating all their proceeds to our fund.



2 comments:

Laura said...

Of course I have a question! When will you have to be in arizona, and for how many days? Who will be checking you in oceanside if you wont be in arizona?

Unknown said...

I knew you would, Laura! We are going to Arizona on Friday and will know more about what days then. Just depends on how I react to the meds. I am not going to be going anywhere in Oceanside.